Zheng Zeng, MD (China), LAc 678, FABORM
Zheng Zeng started her practice of acupuncture in 1994. She had practiced at the Teaching Hospital of Chengdu University of TCM, one of the best of its kind in China. After 8 years of practice and serving as a faculty member in the Chengdu University of TCM, she came to teach and practice Acupuncture in Austin at AOMA (Graduate School of Integrative Medicine ) where she is the Director of the Department of Acupuncture; she has been a core faculty member at AOMA since 2002.
Zheng Zeng is a fellow of the American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine (FABORM) and is a board certified reproductive acupuncturist. She had been the "Practitioner Spotlight" on ABORM 2011 Spring New Letter.
Zheng Zeng has participated in clinical research on treating asthma, diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis with acupuncture and herbs when she was in China.
Zheng Zeng presented "Treatment of Female Infertility with Acupuncture" at the 21st Annual Symposium for Medical Acupuncture
in 2009 (The Symposium is designed for instruction and training of physicians (MDs and DOs only) interested in or already practicing acupuncture). She presented "Treatment of menopausal symptoms with Chinese Medicine at the Southwest Symposium in 2008, "Acupuncture for Prenatal and Postnatal Care" at Southwest Symposium in 2011.
Speaking Engagements (Presentations)
- AOMA-Graduate School of Integrate Medicine in Austin: Special Seminar Speaker: "Herbal and Acupuncture treatment for Female Infertility and IVF support", Austin, TX, May, 2012; and August 3-4, 2013
- Southwest Symposium Speaker: "Acupuncture for Prenatal and Postnatal Care" Austin, TX, March 4, 2011
- "Treatment of Female Infertility with Acupuncture" at the 21st Annual Symposium for Medical Acupuncture, Dallas, TX, April, 2009
- Southwest Symposium "Managing Menopause with TCM", Austin, TX, March 2008
- Women's Health Continuing Education Series (Fertility Problems, PCOS, PMS and other topics for licensed Acupuncturist), Austin, TX, July & August, 2007
- East-West forum: Bring Balance Back to Women's Health with Acupuncture, Austin, TX, May, 2007
- East-West forum: Infertility and Acupuncture, Austin, TX, July 22, 2010
- Seton GoodHealth Commons Panel Speaker (Women's Health and Acupuncture), Austin, TX, August 25, 2009
- Seton GoodHealth Commons Panel Speaker (Diabetes and Acupuncture), Austin, TX, November 10, 2009
- Seton GoodHealth Commons Panel Speaker (Asthma / Allergies and Acupuncture), Austin, TX, May 26 10, 2009
Zheng Zeng's Specialization
Zheng Zeng specializes in women's health: fertility issues, infertility, acupuncture IVF/IUI support, premenstrual and menstrual disorders, menopausal issues (hot flashes, night sweating), hormone imbalance, endometriosis, uterus fibroids, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), morning sickness,miscarriage prevention, etc.
- Pain management, sports injury
- Emotional disorders: stress, depression, and anxiety
- Allergies,sinus infection, immune deficiency, auto-immune disorders, and immune-related dermatology
- Skin disorders: acne, eczema, hives, and shingles
I get chronic migraines - bad ones that last for days!! Today I was on day 3 of a migraine that I'd rate an 8 out of 10 on the pain scale. I did a google search for "acupuncture migraines Austin" and came across the positive reviews on Yelp for Honeysuckle Acupuncture and knew I had to give them a try immediately. I left a message before they opened and got a call back an hour and a half later and an appointment scheduled for 11:30 that morning.
All I can say is THANK GOD for Dr. Liu!!!!! He spent 2 hours with me, and in addition to doing acupuncture he also did massage and acupressure on my scalp, face, neck, and back, as well as cupping on my back and neck and he even pricked one of my fingers to squeeze blood out of it to "release stress" which sounds really crazy but I could actually feel it working!!!!!
I feel like a human being again instead of someone who had been asking everyone I came in contact with to please shoot me in the face because I was in so much pain!!!
If anything, my migraine is now a 1 out of 10. I've been to a lot of acupuncturists in several cities including San Francisco, and I think this was the best experience I've ever had. I am so relieved to know I no longer have to suffer like I had been.
From Yelp http://www.yelp.com/biz/honeysuckle-acupuncture-austin-2